We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
When you come home from school, your child rushes to his snack. No wonder, dinner is still far away and he needs to regain his strength. So, no question of skipping this essential meal to its development.
Why is snacking important?
- After a hard day of school, your child will also need to regain strength. Lunch is far and dinner not for now! The snack should cover about 15% of daily nutritional intake against 25% for breakfast (about 30% for lunch, a little less for dinner). No question therefore to sulk this meal!
- An important source of energy, snacks have the advantage of avoiding unwanted snacks. until dinner time. It will allow your child to resist crisps and candies, sources of food imbalance.
- Contrary to popular belief, children who taste are thinner than those who swallow anything at 4 pm. This is because with this extra meal, the calories are better spread over the day. Again, this is valid for adults! This meal is also a moment of reunion for the child with one of his parents or with his brothers and sisters. In short, there is no question of stalling.
What taste to propose to your child?
- Ideally, the snack should consist of four types of food. A cereal product (bread, rusks, cereals or biscuits low fat, the choice) that provides the energy necessary for the proper functioning of the muscles and brain. A dairy product (milk, plain or low-sugar yoghurt, or cheese), rich in calcium and proteins essential for growth. A fruit or fruit juice, a source of fiber and vitamin C. And a drink (preferably water), if your child has not had a glass of milk or fruit juice, needed to quench their thirst .
- Afternoon tea is a relaxing break. Put your child in a quiet place, preferably sitting at table for about fifteen minutes. Avoid giving him only one food to eat, a packet of cakes, for example. You prepare the other meals, do the same for the snack! Be sure to turn off the TV and computer, screens in front of which your child would surely be attracted. The risk would be that he eats too much, without even noticing it.